Today we will talk about how to look after your teeth and brace. Now you have your new brace it is essential you look after it. If you don’t look after your brace, you may experience problems such as:
- Brace breaks resulting in increased treatment time.
- Staining or decay to your teeth.
- Unhealthy gums.
To look after your teeth and brace, you’ll need:
A toothbrush, fluoride toothpaste, interdental brushes, fluoride mouthwash.
- Brushing your teeth and brace. Carefully brush above the bracket and along the gum margin.
- Next, brush on top of the bracket.
- Brush below the bracket too.
- Don’t forget to brush the biting surfaces and the backs of the teeth.
- Make sure to spend 2 minutes, 2-3 times a day, brushing your teeth.
- Using your interdental brushes.
- Use an interdental brush to clean under the wire between each bracket.
- Next, clean between each tooth.
- Use your fluoride mouthwash at a separate time to brush your teeth.
- Avoid hard, crunchy, or chewy foods and sugary drinks such as Nuts, unsliced apples, sweets, hard biscuits, pizza crusts, and fizzy drinks.
- If your brace breaks, make sure to contact your orthodontist so they can fix it before your next appointment.
Hope this is helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below.